Forum rules - please read before posting.

Triggers not active if player is on Move along Path.

I've had to return to an old project to implement an update needed in a few days - it's using Adventure Creator 1.66.8 in Unity 2018.3.5

I've noticed Triggers are not active if player is on Move along Path. Triggers are used to change footsteps and play sounds etc, but if the player character is making its way to a path to follow, or is on one already, the trigger doesn't happen when player passes through during Move along Path.

Is that a known thing and how can I get it to work? Is the trigger being ignored when a action list to move the player is run from a hotspot? I've tried various 'Run in background' options etc.

I am trying to avoid doing an entire update as there isn't time and other elements will break in newer unity versions.

Comments

• A Trigger shouldn't behave differently according to the Player's movement state - only whether or not gameplay is currently blocked or not.

Is the Player's movement part of a cutscene? If so, you'll need to make sure the Trigger's Reacts property is set to During Cutscenes And Gameplay.

Otherwise - can you share screenshots of your Trigger, your Player, the move Action and properties of the ActionList that it's a part of? And is this a 2D or a 3D game? I'll need more details to give more specific advice.