Forum rules - please read before posting.

Always fit within screen issue

edited January 2021 in Technical Q&A

Sorry for another thread (it's a different topic...)

I've Unity UI menu that shows description of action that being selected on hostpot (Like in MI special edition)
Always fit within screen? checked.
Appear type: On interaction
Position type: Appear At Cursor and Freeze
One Label element which being updated from global variable.
Text has content size fitter set to Preferred Size (in both axis)

In code, OnMenuTurnOn - it's updating the variable first thing.

The issue:
When I play the game and open the action menu on hostpot that is close to screen boundary
the text most of the time fit itself. but in some cases (which I can't tell what they are)
it is go beyond the screen.
I printed the text to log before updating the variable and it seems fine.

My gut feeling is that's a raise condition of when the 'fit' take place vs OnMenuTurnOn call to update variable.

Any suggestion?

Comments

• My gut feeling is that's a raise condition of when the 'fit' take place vs OnMenuTurnOn call to update variable.

The easiest way to determine that would be to have the menu close and re-open in the same place, with the same variable value.

When AC positions a Unity UI menu - both to the cursor, and fitting within the screen - it does so by manipulating the "RectTransform boundary" object you assign in the Menu Manager.

What is this currently set to, and - if this is not the same as your Text object - is that correctly placed inside the screen's boundary?

As this is a visual issue, screenshots will be best shared if you can.

• Cool, it works like you said :)

In same function:
    1.update variable
    2.turn off menu
    3.turn on menu

Thanks!