Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player slides off the bottom of the screen.

Hi I'm brand new at this and I'm having issues!
I'm following the 2d point and click game tutorial video. I'm doing it exactly as shown and I have got as far as putting the brain character into the scene. I put the Navmesh in and collision blocks.

When I run the game the character moves kinda near where I click but after that slowly slides down the scene until just the top of his head is visible at the bottom of the screen...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've gone back over the tutorial several times but I'm not doing anything different! Please let me know what I've missed.

Thanks

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @charlee.

Even if the Player is in the wrong place, are they only moving when you point-and-click? If so, it's likely that they have an offset sprite-child.

Check your Console when the game begins - if this is the case, then you should be getting a warning similar to:

The sprite child of 'Player' is not positioned at (0,0,0) - is this correct?

To solve this, exit Play mode and select your Player's "Sprite child" object - this should be their child that has the Sprite Renderer component on it. You'll need to make sure that this object is at the same position as the root, which you can do by setting their Position values (in the Transform component) to 0, 0, 0.

If this isn't the issue - or you're not sure - let's see some screenshots that show exactly what's going on. As this is a visual problem, we'll need to see more details to understand the situation better. Screens can be hosted on imgur.com, and links posted here.

• You are great!

Thank you so much. I don't know how I missed that bit!