Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to have a player for scene not set in settings menu.

Hi everyone,
AC 1.72.4 + Unity 2020.2.1f1 on a 2d game.

I have a player with many animation clips (the prefab). I'd like to test if it's possible have the same player in scene but only with the animations that I use in scene. So for each scene I have the same player but with different set of animations.

So in my mind I think to put the prefab in scene, duplicate the controller and delete the unused animations. I thought it overrides the default player set in settings menu, but in scene I have to players. So I tried to put none in default player and use only the player in scene (same name between the two) but it doesn't work.

Is it possible to make this operation?

Thank you veru much.

Comments

• I noted the issue seems to be linked to Player switching allow or not. If I set it to Do Not Allow, I have a single player (and seems to work correctly). If I set Allow and I put none (or another player) in player 1, in scene I have the main character (default) + the player I put in scene (like if the second one doesn't override the default player).

• I just found it on manual: "NOTE: The use of local Players (i.e. those saved in the scene file) are disallowed when
    player-switching is enabled. If you need to rely on different Player objects throughout your game, use one one method or the other."

But I can't undestand: If you need to rely on different Player objects throughout your game, use one one method or the other. What's one one method or the other?

Thank you very much

• I understood: or Allow player switch (so I can't use a local player that override the default one) or Do Not Allow (so the local player can override the default).

• edited February 2021

That's correct - a local Player can only override the prefab if there's only one prefab to override.