Forum rules - please read before posting.

Main camera and video fade

I just started using AC and it is a spectacular asset.
I am using a third party asset to record 360 videos of the game and it works well but the camera "fade out" to black are not recorded while recording 360 videos. Usually I only have to assign the "main camera" tag to my main camera and my 360 video asset records the main camera. But I am not sure why the fades are not capture by my 360 video recorder asset. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @netpost.

The default camera fade effect relies on Unity's OnGUI, which allows for UI elements to be displayed on top of all other elements on the screen.

This is also used by Menus that have their "Source" set to "Adventure Creator" (i.e. those that don't rely on Unity UI), so I'd imagine that they too do not show up in the video.

The omission of OnGUI calls from the video asset may be a limitation, or a design choice, but if Unity UI canvases are included in records then you can use that system instead.

Drop a simple UI Button object into you scene to test this first, but assuming it's shown: create a new Unity UI Canvas with an Image that uses a black texture to cover the whole screen. This'll essentially act as the fade effect.

Attach a Canvas Group component to the Canvas root, and make it a prefab. Then in the Menu Manager, create a new Menu, set its "Source" to "Unity UI Prefab", assign the UI prefab at the bottom, and give it a Fade Transition. Make sure it ignores cursor clicks, and set its "Appear type" to "Manual".

You should then be able to use the "Menu: Change state" Action to turn the menu on/off as opposed to the "Camera: Fade" Action.

• @ChrisIceBox

Unity UI canvases are not included in records so I guess this is a limitation from my video recorder asset but thanks for the quick reply and help!