Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem with Gather text and Hotspots

For some reason, when I press at the "Gather text" button at the SpeechManager, the Hotspot's text didn't appear to be either added or removed. Every other element seems that is gathered without problems.

These are images of my SpeechManager configuration and a Hotspot:

I'm doing something wrong?

The current version i'm using is 1.73.3.

Thanks in advance,
Marc

Comments

• edited March 2021

Welcome to the community, @MarcD365.

Where is the "TestNormal_Name" Hotspot located? If not a scene, how is it referenced?

Your first screenshot's "Scene filter" is set to "No scene", so only asset files will be listed.

• Thanks for the welcome!

The hotspot its located at the scene. I changed the filter and the outcome its the same.

I created the Hotspot through the scene tab from the AC Game Editor.

• edited March 2021

It looks like the scene hasn't been searched by the Gather Text process. If it were, the Hotspot's auto-generated line ID should be displayed at the top of its Inspector.

This likely means it's an issue with the scene, rather than the Hotspot itself. If you were to add some test speech in a Cutscene, that too would be left out, if so.

The Gather Text process will only search scenes that are listed in Unity's Build Settings. Is the scene added there, and is it available as an option in the Scene Manager's "Scene filter" option?

• Oh, that was the problem.

Indeed, the PlaySpeech text wasn't added either.

Everything works fine now. Thank you very much! :D