Forum rules - please read before posting.

Absolute bare install of AC

I've searched through the discussions, manual and tutorials and can't find an answer to this question - so please excuse me if I've missed something obvious.

I've got a project that I plan to add the barest possible install of AC to via the asset importer. That means no 2D/3D demos obviously, but what about the rest of the hierarchy? What are the minimum required AC files from the rest of the asset package to have a functional copy of AC installed?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @vga256.

I wouldn't recommend omitting anything other than the 2DDemo and Demo folders initially, and certainly these are safe to be left out.

Once you've used the New Game Wizard to create a new set of Managers, however, you should be safe to remove the Defualt and UI subfolders from the AdventureCreator directory. These folders are necessary during the setup process, but should be removeable afterwards.

Otherwise, most else should be kept in. You could perhaps delete individual assets such as a font file, but anything else will cause either compilation, display, or useability issues.

• Much appreciated. Thanks Chris.