Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC Compatibility with Unity 2021

Hello,

We just got the notification that the latest version of Unity is 2021.1.0f1; we are currently on 2020.1.3f1.
We're thinking at some point to look into potentially upgrading to try and stay as up to date as possible but just wanted to reach out to get some insight into if there's any current gotchas with AC if we try and upgrade to Unity 2021. I know typically upgrading between different Major version numbers is higher risk than upgrade between the minor version numbers

It's also worth mentioning that we are currently using AC version v1.72.4 but are also looking to upgrade to the latest (v1.73.3).

So mostly just curious:

1.) If we stay with AC v1.72.4 and upgrade to latest Unity as mentioned above, are there any known issues?
2.) If we upgrade to AC v1.73.3 and upgrade to latest Unity version as mentioned above, are there any known issues?
3.) If we upgrade to AC v1.73.3 and stay with our current Unity version as mentioned above, are there any known issues?

Thanks,

Comments

• If we stay with AC v1.72.4 and upgrade to latest Unity as mentioned above, are there any known issues?

Unity made a change to the way VR is handled in their API in 2020.2 onward, but AC v1.72 catered for that. Though I recommend upgrading AC, you should also be fine to only upgrade Unity.

If we upgrade to AC v1.73.3 and upgrade to latest Unity version as mentioned above, are there any known issues?

Not that I'm aware of, though naturally if you encounter one let me know and I'll handle it. I recommend upgrading both in that order - AC first, and then Unity.

If we upgrade to AC v1.73.3 and stay with our current Unity version as mentioned above, are there any known issues?

Again, not that I'm aware of. AC doesn't reference any 2021-only features, so it should work just the same.

The "risk factor" of major/minor releases goes for AC, too. Be sure to back up your project and go through v1.73's "Upgrade notes" section in the Changelog, but otherwise you should be fine whatever you choose.