Forum rules - please read before posting.

Getting started with limited knowledge.

I mainly do editing, 3D animation work and haven't really messed around that much with any game engines, including Unity. However, I have been tinkering with it a bit and came across Adventure Creator while searching for plug ins that could replace the coding I'd normally have to do. I don't really have any coding knowledge and it was pretty intimidating when I tried to dive in before. However, I can totally wrap my mind around something like Google Blockly, which was a part of Unity Based VR development platform I used to make some simple VR training experiences.

I'm eager to keep learning and see what I can create!

I am about to do a deep dive into Adventure Creator and just started watching one of their tutorial videos. I noticed that it's from 2015 and wasn't sure if I'd be missing out on anything that may have changed in recent years? Are there any particular training sources that you all would recommend? Perhaps someone any the community that has been putting together tutorials? Thank you!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @brad12d3.

The "How to" video tutorials are all valid for the latest release - any minor differences made to AC since recording are posted as pinned comments on the Youtube page.

The 2D tutorial video is intended for beginners to Unity, so you may wish to start there. Many of the concepts covered apply to 3D games as well. However, if you're already familiar with 3D animation then the 3D tutorial videos is also a good starting point.

Text tutorials, that cover individual concepts, are also available - starting here.

If you'd like to share more about the kind of game you're interested in making, I can see about suggesting more specific tutorials.

• @ChrisIceBox Thanks! I appreciate that. I have a few ideas bouncing around on what type of experience I want to create but nothing specific decided. I want to begin playing around with the tools and get a feel for the mechanics and then start fleshing out a high level design.

I'll probably have loads of questions as I dive deeper but in the mean time I will start with the tutorials. Thanks for the help!