Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trying to set a 2d trigger

Hello,

It is being impossible for me to make a trigger work in 2D

I've tried different things, but no luck.

Here are screenshots in case someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

https://imgur.com/a/3NzOAmr

This is the description of the screenshots:

• I have tried different configurations for the trigger, I show two.
  • How the Player that must activate the Trigger is configured.
  • How the Nav Mesh is configured.

Comments

• Can't see anything wrong with the components, although many of the Collider Inspectors are collapsed.

How do they relate to one another, and how are they arranged in the scene? Is your "CarPlayer" a child of "MyPlayer", and is it present in the scene, or spawned in at runtime?

The NavMesh should have no bearing on things. Are you in gameplay at the time anything enters the Trigger? Enable the AC Status box at the bottom of the Settings Manager to check that the GameState is set to Normal.

It looks like you're using custom scripts on the objects you're trying to detect. We'll need to see if these are interfering at all. Temporarily, try disabling your own Player object, and dropping the 2D Demo's Player prefab, Brain2D, into the scene. Does he respond to Triggers?

When an object enters the Trigger, the AC_Trigger script's IsObjectCorrect function is run to determine if it's valid or not. It might be worth placing Debug.Log statements in there to see where it's returning 'false'.