Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera Switch Movementchange

Hello again

It's probably something easy but I don't know how to change it and tried several different approaches (I still could change the locations of my assets in the scene but I kind of want to know what causes it)
I work on a 3D 3rd person direct movement game (keyboard and mouse). I have a fixed cam in the scene and movement works as wanted and my character gets into a bus, where the camera switches. Once in the bus, the character movement is totally wrong, WASD are going the wrong places, does anyone knows how to solve that?

Thanks so much in advance and hope y'all are having a great day!

Comments

• Switching camera shouldn't cause issue with movement.

What is your AC version, and can you share screenshots of your Settings Manager?

Try pausing the game when the problem happens - if you view the AC MainCamera's Inspector, it should list the name of the camera it's currently attached to. Does this match the name of the new camera?

Are you making use of a custom motion controller? Check that there aren't any custom scripts/components added to your MainCamera.

• Hi there!
    My version's 1.73.3 and the link to screenies and a short clip are below. The main camera's attached to the correct camera, and there is no custom script or any script that refers to the camera. It's correct and once I have the camera in a different angle, the movement-axis/-input gets confused
    https://imgur.com/a/Y79EVbz

• Your video shows a red icon beside your Third Person camera in your Hierarchy - is this a Cinemachine camera?

AC can be made to work with Cinemachine, but it has to be configured properly. See the Manual's "Working with Cinemachine" chapter for details, but I'd recommend getting things working without it first. Remove the CM component from your camera and make sure there aren't any other lingering CM components on your other cameras - especially the MainCamera.

If you still have an issue after doing so, let's see the state of the MainCamera when the game is paused while the issue occurs. In particular, check that it's the only one rendering, the only one tagged as "MainCamera", and that it's pointing in the right direction when viewed in the Scene Manager.

• edited April 2021

I only downloaded but never used Cinemachine and I also stopped using the 3rd Person Camera - I changed it to a normal gamecamera. I just did not delete it yet bc I thought I might need it later. But I did check that the cams are correct and all:https://imgur.com/a/9ZTaH6q
    It's also only when the character walks to the front of the bus, once he turns back the movement's correct again.

to test it out, I deleted cinemachine from the camera and there was no change

• The Simple Camera Controller compnent, attached to your MainCamera, is not an AC component - it's most likely what's causing the issue.

• o m g :'( :'( that was it!!
    Thank you so much!