Forum rules - please read before posting.

Switch the inventory item that trigger unhandled combine interaction

Hello everyone,

I have a lot of items in my inventory and everyone of them has its own unhandled combine interactions.
Everything works fine except: when I select the item A and combine it with item B, AC shows the unhandled combine interaction from item B, and that is logically incorrect, because I decided to combine item A with something.

Is there any way to switch the object that triggers the unhandled interaction?

I write an example to explain better:
The player select a pizza and try to combine it with a pen, then the player say "I cannot write here".
That is wrong. I would like the player to say that when I select the pen and combine it with the pizza.

Comments

• edited April 2021

Recreated, though depending on your interaction settings, this may be desirable.

I'll consider how to implement an official change/fix, but for the moment you can reverse this by opening InvInstance.cs, and replace the code block aroung line 550:

if (combineInstance.InvItem.unhandledCombineActionList)
    {
        ActionListAsset unhandledActionList = combineInstance.InvItem.unhandledCombineActionList;
        AdvGame.RunActionListAsset (unhandledActionList);
    }

with:

if (invItem.unhandledCombineActionList)
    {
        ActionListAsset unhandledActionList = invItem.unhandledCombineActionList;
        AdvGame.RunActionListAsset (unhandledActionList);
    }

• Update: Looked further into this. It's definitely a bug - it used to be, and should be, the other way around.

The next update will include the change made above as an official fix.

• Perfect, thank you so much.