Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dark Tonic's Master Audio integration, any advice on how to get that going?

Howdy,

Simple question; i would like to have dark tonic's Master Audio plugin handle the bulk of the audio mixing and effects and such, however i am unfamiliar with how to get AC's audio to function through MAster Audio. Has this ever come up and if so, are you aware of if it's be much trouble to integrate it?

full disclosure i haven't actually tried yet as i'm getting back into unity after a break, but i'm familiar with both AC and Master Audio so i'm hoping it could work, despite being rusty.

Comments

• I'm not familiar with the asset, but it seems like it has very much its "own way" of handling audio - with audio being played via it's own playback system, rather than using e.g. Unity's Audio Mixers.

I'd expect it'd take specialized code for each type of AC audio you want to play. Regular SFX audio that gets played in an Action could probably be handled in a custom Action, but the complex ones would be music, ambience, and speech audio.

These cases would most likely involve hooking into custom events that play the audio via other means. For example, the OnStartSpeech_Alt event, which is triggered whenever a speech line is played, could be used to extract the audio clip used by AC, and then have that be re-routed to Master Audio.

Which audio types in particlar would you be looking to transfer? I can assist with the issue of extracting which clips AC is playing, but it may be best for the asset's author to advise on how to play such an AudioClip asset via script once located.