Forum rules - please read before posting.

Engine wait

Hello everyone,
is possible to call this action trough code?

Comments

• Yes - all built-in Actions can be generated through code.

To generate an Engine: Wait Aciton of 2 seconds:

ActionPause actionPause = ActionPause.CreateNew (2f);

You'll also need code to add this to an ActionList's set of Actions. See the Manual's "Generating ActionLists through script" chapter for details, and the included ScriptedActionListExample script for examples.

• Hello ? Is it possible to add wait whitout action list? Basicly what I wanna do is move sprite on the screen the move it to the inventory.
    It will be done through unity script wich will be enabled in action list. What I wanna do is stop interaction while the item is moving. And do not know exact time which object will need to get to the position. So I was thinking that I add pause until object reaches desired position
  • What I wanna do is pause player but keep unity runinng so I cannot use timescale but maybe there is another way. Any suggestions?
  • Hmm not sure if it’s possible because I want also stop actioList wich starts action
  • It is possible to alter the length of time that an existing Action waits by overriding its value with a Float parameter - see this tutorial.

However, it is not necessary to rely on AC's ActionList system solely to place the game in a cutscene. It is possible to manually enforce "cutscene" mode through script:

AC.KickStarter.stateHandler.EnforceCutceneMode = true;

If you have a custom script that performs some task you want to occur in a cutscene, you can set the above to true while it runs, and false once it's complete.