Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sound not playing after loading a save file

Unity 2019.4.4f1, AC 1.72.4

I'm having an issue in two specific scenes (out of 15) where all sounds do not resume playing after loading a save file that was made in either of these scenes.

I've discovered that pausing the game and resuming again restores sound as expected, it seems when loading a save the sound is acting as if the game is paused (although all other elements of the game function as normal).

I use an OnLoad cutscene that runs two asset file actionlists followed by a scene specific actionlist called 'SceneSetup'.

Asset file actionlist 1: Hides all first person view items.

Asset file actionlist 2: Hides all AC menus.

Scene specific actionlist: Runs things that I need to run based on the specific scene, things like triggering scene actionlists based on variables, disabling cameras, running input device check/sensitivity check actionlist assets.

This is the same setup used in other scenes that do not have this issue.

Is there a way to force AC to 'unpause' sounds, similar to what happens when you exit a pause menu? I've tried running the actionlist associated with closing the pause menu but this does not seem to make a difference. Ideally I would run a custom action in the onload cutscene for these two scenes that forces AC to unpause sound.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• I forgot to mention that I have a 'PlaySound' actionlist in each scene that is run via the SceneSetup actionlist, it plays ambient sounds/resumes or starts music where needed.

The issue however isn't with this actionlist as footstep sounds are also missing after loading.

• If it's scene-dependent, there must be some key difference in your scenes that's causing it. Though, the issue itself may be Unity-related. Are you using Audio Mixer Groups?

Can you give some examples of exactly which sound types aren't playing, and are these present in working scenes as well?

Try temporarily unassigning the 3x ActionLists from the loading process, save for anything that closes any pause menus that may be open.