Forum rules - please read before posting.

Objectives Question

Hello, I am learning how to use the Objectives System, which I think is a great feature!

I was wondering, is there a way to update the description of the objective depending which state it is in? For example, if it's a 5 part quest, could I update and change the description for each part of the quest? I see there is a description for each state but is this only for reference?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• The per-state Description is intended to cater for that.

A Label element's Label type property can be set to State Description, which will display the Description for the Objective's active State.

• Hello Chris, thank you for your reply. If I set the quest description like in this screenshot. The description text still doesn't show up in the objectives menu? Can you please provide me some more details on where to put this description? Thanks again!

"This is the quest description" doesn't show up when the Objective is in this this state.

https://ibb.co/WWsjTKJ

• What is your AC version, and what are the properties of the Label element you're looking to display the Description in?

If you're using the default Objectives menu, the Objective's Description is displayed in the SelectedDescription element. This has a Label type of Selected Objective, and Objective text of Description.

Setting this instead to State Description shows the state's Description, provided that the Objective has been selected. Selecting an Objective is a case of either using the Objective: Set state Action, or choosing from from a list in a menu. The default Objectives menu's ObjectivesList is an example of this.

• Changing this setting made it work perfectly, thanks Chris!