Forum rules - please read before posting.

Continuing dialogue lines only when player clicks the dialogue box?

So I'm currently testing the dialogue stuff but I noticed that dialogues play immediately when interacting. Meaning lets say My first line is "Hello" then my next line is "How may I help you?". There would be no pause when the two lines are done, It just immediately moves on to the next thing until it reaches the end state of action.

I would like to make it so when it says "Hello", it will stay at that dialogue until I click on the dialogue box to continue to next and so on.

Many games do this so hopefully you get the idea of what I'm wanting to do. I tried looking at settings and other configurations but can't seem to find anything that does that.

Comments

• You can force subtitles to remain active until the user clicks by checking Display subtitles forever until user skips it? in the Speech Manager. Further options related to input appear when this option is checked.

• edited May 2021

Thanks but it doesn't apply to "play in background" setting with dialogue right? When I do my dialogues, I set it to play in background so that I can still have the Top UI visible etc.

So is there a way I can do the same thing for dialogues played in background, or leaving the play in background setting unchecked but still make UI visible?

My menu for the UI is also set to During Gameplay and Conversation but I don't think it does anything or maybe it doesn't apply for speeches?

Also as a feedback, I think that the appear type for Menus should be more like checkboxes rather than dropdown, that way lets say if I want one of my Menu for specific things like During Gameplay, Conversation and while Speech plays, I can just check those boxes.

• edited May 2021

Once the above option is checked, another option named Subtitles during gameplay can also be skipped? is then made available.

Alternatively, you can set your other UI Menu's Appear type to Except When Paused.

It's also possible to set to Manual, to give you full control over the Menu's visibility through scripting or use of the Menu: Change state Actions.

• Thanks chris you've been an awesome help. Cheers