Forum rules - please read before posting.

Playing different voice overs based on language

Hello!

In my case, I have fix dialog translations of just text ( English, Italian, German, French, Spanish and Korean ). Two of them I have voice overs ( audio ), one being English and the other French. If they choose any language that's not French, I would like to play the English language voice overs, whereas if they choose French, it will play the French voice overs.

Is this possible?

It seems that this is likely where the conversion was going:
https://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/8816/independent-language-selection-for-voice-over-and-subtitles

Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2021

If your speech audio files are referenced by naming convention, you can check Use original language audio if none found? to have English voiceovers be played for all but French, provided that English is your game's original language.

Otherwise, you can check Speech audio and display text can be different languages?, also in the Speech Manager, to have audio and text languages be independently configurable.

With this checked, "Cycle" menu elements can be set to modify only the game's voice or text language.

It's also then possible to set these languages through script:

AC.Options.SetLanguage (language);
    AC.Options.SetVoiceLanguage (language);

Where "language" is the language index you wish to set - with 0 being the game's original language.

• Chris:

Thanks! I have all that set up just like you mentioned already, but I do not know what to name the actual audio clip to distinguish between English and French. Right now, it's all in the Resources/Speech as labeled "InnKeeper167" for example.

Thanks!

• If Speech audio can be translated? is checked in your Speech Manager, translation audio will need to be placed in a subdirectory, e.g.:

/Resources/Speech/Innkeeper167
    /Resources/Speech/French/Innkeeper167

If you select a sample line at the bottom of the Speech Manager, it should display the expected directories and filenames for your speech audio.

• Thanks! That solved my issue.