Forum rules - please read before posting.

Wrong name of a character

I have a problem with a character name. She used to have another name and there was some name shuffling. The name should come from the hotspot that has the uppercase first letter, but for some reason both in timeline and using action list the conversation name remains a lower case.
Here some photos:
https://imgur.com/p3Afzy4
https://imgur.com/z6Becrc

Also I have a blinker made for eyes with action list. How should I have it to stop for awhile when I want to do a wink?

Comments

• With blinker I mean a blinker I mean a looping action list that has a waiting time and a random waiting time before using shape keys to form a blinking action in eyes.

• The name should come from the hotspot that has the uppercase first letter

A character's display name does not rely on any Hotspot component that may be associated with the character. Instead, it comes from the "Speaker label" field in the Player or NPC component.

Also I have a blinker made for eyes with action list. How should I have it to stop for awhile when I want to do a wink?

The ActionList: Pause or resume Action can be used to pause ActionLists, or you can simply end it with ActionList: Kill, and restart it later with ActionList: Run.

I'd recommend looking into using animation layers to have characters blink, though, as it may be possible to handle that without the need for ActionLists/scripts.

• I created an animation for the blink but for some reason an animation that works perfectly in editor doesn't do anything in play mode - animator has a layer for this and it goes to right clip when needed and it has full weight. The eyes and faceplate are on a separate mesh, but in the same prefab. Any ideas?

• Could be that a higher layer is overriding it - use AvatarMasks to isolate which layers can affect which bones.

This sounds like a general Unity animation issue, though - AC likely isn't involved.

• It doesn't have a bone. It's just a mesh placed over the head. Maybe adding a bone would help...