Forum rules - please read before posting.

(Text Mesh Pro) Only on SubsLineLabel: Cannot find linked UI Element

Hi, I have this warning: Cannot find linked UI Element for SubsLineLabel

But the TextMeshPro text ins linked in the Menu settings, I have other elements like SubsSpeakerLabel and it work, only this warning happen with SubsLineLabel.
The text show perfect without issue in the text mesh ui text for SubsLineLabel, so I think is a little bug with the AC debug or warning in this field, Maybe?

Thanks!

Comments

• Cannot find linked UI Element for SubsLineLabel

-> AC debug logger
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object)
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:33)
    AC.MenuElement:LinkUIElement<TMPro.TextMeshProUGUI> (UnityEngine.Canvas) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuElement.cs:1292)
    AC.MenuLabel:LoadUnityUI (AC.Menu,UnityEngine.Canvas,bool) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:161)
    AC.Menu:LoadUnityUI (bool) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:404)
    AC.PlayerMenus:AssignSpeechToMenu (AC.Speech) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:2351)
    AC.Dialog:StartDialog (AC.Char,string,bool,int,bool,bool,UnityEngine.AudioClip,UnityEngine.TextAsset) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Speech/Dialog.cs:165)
    AC.ActionSpeech:StartSpeech (UnityEngine.AudioClip,UnityEngine.TextAsset) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionSpeech.cs:829)
    AC.ActionSpeech:Run () (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionSpeech.cs:204)
    AC.ActionSpeechMenu:Run () (at Assets/_MoreauIsland/Scripts/CustomActions/ActionSpeechMenu.cs:45)
    AC.ActionList/d__41:MoveNext () (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:428)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine (System.Collections.IEnumerator)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessAction (int) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:379)
    AC.ActionList:BeginActionList (int,bool) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:346)
    AC.ActionList:Interact (int,bool) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:247)
    AC.ActionRunActionList:Run () (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionRunActionList.cs:153)
    AC.ActionList/d__41:MoveNext () (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:428)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine (System.Collections.IEnumerator)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessAction (int) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:379)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd (AC.ActionEnd,int,bool) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:580)
    AC.ActionList:EndAction (AC.Action) (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:539)
    AC.ActionList/d__41:MoveNext () (at Assets/Plugins/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:493)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

• There shouldn't be an issue, provided the IDs match up.

Have you defined the "TextMeshProIsPresent" Scripting Define Symbol in your Project settings?

What are your AC / Unity versions, and can you share screenshots of both the element's properties and the full Inspector of the object with the TextMesh Pro component?

• edited June 2021

Adventure Creator: v1.73.8
    Unity: 2021.1.11f1c1
    I have the TextMeshProIsPresent in Scripting define symbol

Text Mesh is working with AC perfect in my project but I have only a AC warning just in this label (and other subtitles prefab relate with SubsLineLabel.

The text is showing on SubsLineLabel, only is the warning

• The most common cause is that there's another Constant ID component with the same number elsewhere in the prefab - check the prefab's other GameObjects for an ID of 374860.