Forum rules - please read before posting.

loading a saved game freezes after load

I think I've set all of the moveables, transformed, conversations and such. But straigh after load game freezes completely, but I don't get any kind of error in console.

Comments

• What pattern is there to the freezing? Is it only when loading from/into a specific scene?

Freezes as in Unity locks up, or that the game is paused / in a permanent cutscene?

If the latter, enable the AC Status box at the bottom of the Settings Manager to debug its state at this time and see what's running.

Otherwise, disable various save GameObjects in your scene (as well as any custom scripts you may have) until the game no longer freezes, and then re-enable them in turn to find the offending object that's causing it.

• The game is in pause mode.

• Again: What pattern is there to the freezing? Is it only when loading from/into a specific scene?

If the game is paused, it may be due to a menu that pauses the game being enabled. This script should list any such menus that are enabled in the Console:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;
    using System.Collections.Generic;

public class ShowPauseMenus : MonoBehaviour
    {

void Update ()
        {
            List<Menu> allMenus = PlayerMenus.GetMenus (true);
            for (int i = 0; i < allMenus.Count; i++)
            {
                if (allMenus[i].IsEnabled () && allMenus[i].IsBlocking ())
                {
                    Debug.Log ("Pause menu " + allMenus[i].title + " is on.");
                }
            }
        }

}

• Loading is only to a lobby scene, there's only a start scene beside it. Loading from start works ok, but not inside lobby. ShowPauseMenus do not show anything after loading from lobby, turning things on and off also does nothing.

• So you're saying that it's dependent on the scene you're in before loading, and not the scene that gets loaded?

Create a fresh scene with just a Plane / PlayerStart for the Player to appear at. Add it to your Build Settings, and then save + load the game. Does the game properly resume after doing so?

• A weird thing happens. When I started game in new scene, it loads lobby scene and it's somehow on top of the new scene. Here is a game and editor views of the same:
    https://imgur.com/3CAgIV4
    https://imgur.com/Z3pqox7

• Are you using the Scene: Add or remove Action anywhere in your game? The "Aula" scene has been added as a sub-scene, which should only occur when using this Action.

The Actions Manager can be used to locate the presence of any Action type.

• I'm using a script to change the scene in single mode since that action didn't work properly. I actually duplicated the lobby (Aula) scene to be a start game scene, where the guy is standing by the game building and there are just couple another animations and start menu set. Would this duplication have made something? And do I have to have all scenes set in build setup for them to work properly?

• I'm using a script to change the scene in single mode since that action didn't work properly

Which Action, and in what way was in not working? Avoid custom scripts for the moment if you're trying to resolve issues in the thread - I need to know exactly what you're doing, and so far I do not have enough to go on.

Would this duplication have made something? And do I have to have all scenes set in build setup for them to work properly?

What do you mean by "made something"? Unless you're loading scenes by addressable or asset bundle, they will need to be listed in the Build Settings to load.

• I still have this save game loading problem. I combined start game and lobby scenes. I turned off all game related objects and characters, but can't load a saved game after game has started. Loading from start menu works perfectly. There are no menus pausing the game or something. I really have no idea what's wrong here...

• edited August 2021

This issue is all about the details. I need to know more about your exact situation - please see my last reponse and share the information I mention.

• I don't have any custom script with this save/load. I'm using the screenshot-save/load template. I duplicated the StartGame scene from Aula(lobby), but I'm not using it any more. There's only one scene set in build settings.

• I'm using U2020.3.15f2 and AC1.73.8

• Temporarily set your Menu Manager asset back to Default_MenuManager, to bring back the default interface without any templates. Does the issue persist?

If so, PM me the project as a .zip file and I'll take a look.

• It's rather large. I made an error in the beginning an set it up with most of the Synty packages, so it's now 30+ gigs...

• Or do you have Office, Kids and Farm packages from Synty? If so, I could just zip the essentials...

• There's also something wrong with menus when prefabbing them. After loading, the menus work properly, but in AC Menu view, the rectTransform boundaries show empty and many of the buttons are missing. This is a big thing, since I will be using quite a lot of menus eventually.

• Create a new thread if you have a separate issue, and share as much detail as you can.