Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem with character: move to point

Hi Chris,

I set my character to move to a marker and for the best part it's working, the only issue is that for some reason, instead of moving immediately to the marker when it reaches the 'character: move to point' action in the Action List, it waits until the player moves and then it will walk to the marker as it should. If you don't move the character it will wait forever, which of course feels like a bug. This is happening in three different Action Lists that I set on three different Triggers. The 'character: move to point' action even lights up in green so it means it should be running, but still waits for the player movement to actually make the character move to the marker. Do you know what I could be doing wrong that could be causing this?
I'm using AC v1.72.4

Thank you!

Comments

• Sorry, I forgot to mention I also tried using a navmesh and checking 'Pathfind?' but the behaviour was the same.

• Welcome to the community, @NelsonSB. Can you share your shots of your Settings Manager as well?

it waits until the player moves and then it will walk to the marker as it should

As in, it awaits input from the player? How are you moving the player character during gameplay?

This ActionList should be set to block gameplay if you intend to move the character through Actions - is this the case?

• This ActionList should be set to block gameplay if you intend to move the character through Actions - is this the case?

This was the issue, the ActionList itself was set to pause gameplay, but the trigger wasn't. As soon as I changed that it started to work as it should.

Thank you so much for your help!