Forum rules - please read before posting.

Use...with... interaction with "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction"

Hi,

I have a questions regarding the use interaction for inventroy items with Interaction method set to Choose Hotspot Then Interaction.

I have a interactions menu set up which contains a use interaction. Appear type of interactions is Click on hotspot (via a script because I want to use RMB, but its pretty much the same).

1. "my" use interaction does not work. That means, when executing use interactions nothing happens. When I check Select item if interaction i unhandled and set Select with unhandled to use than the cursor changes to the selected item and I can use it with another one
  2. how can I set the behaviour of the UI to just show use ... with ... instead of changing the cursor to the item which is to be used. (I have seen the settings but I just can't find it anymore)

Thanks for any answer!

Raul

Comments

• when executing use interactions nothing happens. When I check Select item if interaction i unhandled and set Select with unhandled to use than the cursor changes to the selected item and I can use it with another one

If it becomes selected when enabling the "select when unhandled" option, then it sounds like the interation isn't defined in the item.

Is the Interaction element in your menu mapped to the same Icon that the Inventory Item has defined in its Interactions panel. Share some screenshots of both, along with your Cursor Manager's Interaction icons, so that we can see what you've set up.

how can I set the behaviour of the UI to just show use ... with ... instead of changing the cursor to the item which is to be used.

Change the Cursor Manager's When inventory selected field to Change Hotspot Label.

• If it becomes selected when enabling the "select when unhandled" option, then it sounds like the interation isn't defined in the item.

yes, thats right. I don't have a use interaction but a combine interaction defined on the regarding item. But shouldn't be the use... with... interaction work like always (default). Or is the Select item if interaction i unhandled: Select with unhandled use the option I'm searching for?

Change the Cursor Manager's When inventory selected field to Change Hotspot Label.

That works for me. But when I now select an item with use the cursor disappears in the inventory menu.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zKepKEXeJzWq1V5-rCwJiCNupkaEGjd3/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/12BniAA8QhoR41ryVGuGgyTXAcZTeQeqa/view?usp=sharing

thank you!

• What is your AC version?

a combine interaction defined on the regarding item.

Which one? The one you're selecting originally, or the one you're using it on?

Check Combine interactions work in reverse? in the Settings Manager to have combine interactions work both ways.

If you still have trouble, share screenshots of the two items' properties, as well as your Settings Manager.

But when I now select an item with use the cursor disappears in the inventory menu.

I can't reproduce such behaviour. Can you elaborate on the issue? The cursor is showing in your second screenshot - does that mean it re-appears once you leave the Inventory menu (with the item selected)? And what if you hover back over the Inventory menu?

Let's see your Cursor Manager in full, as well.