Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to interrupt a sound / music

Hello!

I have a character that is playing a sound. It's 2 min in length and I do not want the player to have to wait 2 min before doing anything else. I would like them to be able to click and that moves to the next Action.

How should I set this sound up? One shot? Music? Something else?

Thanks!

Comments

• If you use the Sound: Play Action to play audio from a specific Sound object and check Wait until finish?, then the Action will end if a separate Sound: Play Action is used to stop that same Sound object.

To run such an Action when input is detected, create a new Active Input that runs this from an ActionList asset. Map it to an input named e.g. "left click", and then define an input by that name in Unity's Input Manager, with a "Positive Button" of "mouse 0".

Disable the Active Input by default, and then use the Input: Toggle active Action before and after the original Sound: Play Action to enable it only while the sound is playing.

• I understand what your saying, and it seems to be working for when I use a Joystick but not when I'm using a mouse.

I'm using Rewired so I need to figure out how to manage it in that. I'm basically trying to link it to InteractionB.

If you are familiar with Rewired, I'm open to suggestions.

• If it's working with the joystick, also with Rewired, then it's likely a configuration issue inside Rewired - it sounds like the AC side of things is working.

It should be the same as any other Rewired Mouse mapping. Do you already have InteractionB configured and mapped to the mouse in Rewired?