Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspots beig clickable despite using an Interactive Boundary

I’m having issues with Hotspots being clickable even when using an Interactive Boundary - when standing nowhere near that boundary itself I can still click them

I am using AC V1.73.8 in Unity 2020.1.13

I have a first person character set up with a rigid body.

Hotspots are positioned to use Interactive Boundary regions, all placed correctly, but I'm able to click any hotspots from anywhere.

Hotspots are set to use Mouse Over.

To overcome the immediate issue I’ve temporarily reduced the Hotspot Ray Length to not see far away hotspot clicks, which shouldn’t be clickable until player was in the Interactive boundary.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Without knowing more detail, I can only state that the most common reason would be that your character is not recognised by AC as the Player - in which case, the boundary is ignored.

Are you making use of AC's Player component on your first-person character, or are you involving any third-party assets for your controller? Please share screens of your Player, the Hotspot, and your Settings Manager, and I'll try to spot the problem.