Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera Switch - Pause menu forcing camera back to first person

edited September 2021 in Technical Q&A

Unity Ver: 2019.4.18f1
AC Ver: 1.74.2

Hello,

I have a sequence that starts with a Camera: Switch action to a basic camera. This basic camera is then used for about 20 or so seconds for an intro.

The problem though is if the player brings up the pause menu when this basic camera is active, then resumes, the camera reverts back to the first person camera breaking the sequence.

I've added a Engine: Manage System action to force the movement method to _none _which seems to stop the problem but just want to check if that is the best practice way of resolving this issue.

Comments

• The first-person camera will be automatically switched to whenever a game with First Person movement is in gameplay. This shouldn't be the case while in a cutscene, though.

If your sequence is intended to be gameplay, then forcing the movement method to None is the correct workflow. Is this a gameplay-blocking cutscene?

• I'm ashamed to say despite using AC for so long I've never touched cutscenes (I've just been making everything as interactions / action lists). In this case there is no gameplay during the sequence, so I'll try and set it up as a cutscene and see what happens!

• edited September 2021

Making it a proper AC cutscene solved all the issues. Now the sequence plays and if the player brings up the pause menu, then resumes, the sequence continues without issue.

I also took the opportunity to better plug my custom game code into AC's state events (OnEnterState...etc) Should have been doing that years ago!