Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multi-language, lipsyncing - only voiced in one language

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has come across the same issue. I'm using phonemes and lipsyncing to animate the main character talking. But the problem is that the game is only voiced in one language so far - so when switching to a new language the lipsyncing will match the text and not the voice files. Is there any way to force the lipsyncing to one language?

Comments

• If you check Speech audio and display text can be different languages? in the Speech Manager, then the text language and voice language can be set separately.

When checked, Save: Set option Actions and Cycle elements set to affect Language will be updated the ability to specify which type of language is being updated.

• I'm not sure I understand fully. Maybe I phrased the question wrong. I'm using lip syncing from Speech Text to determine the mouth shape. So naturally when I switch to French language the phonemes are different and no longer matches the voice (It's only voiced in English). Can I force the game to always use the English text?

• Not currently, but it might be possible to add this - you bring up a good point.

Is this because you have Speech audio can be translated? unchecked in the Speech Manager, with English as your game's original language?

• Yes that is currently unchecked. Yes that would be a great feature to add! :D

• Look out for it in v1.74.3.

• Yay! Thanks a lot! :)