Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot flicker

Heyo, my game uses vicinity to detect hotspots.

When my character moves through a hotspot, it lights up like it should, but walking through a large hotspot sometimes causes the hotspot to momentarily flicker. I suppose, for a brief frame or two, for some reason, the hotspot doesn't register as enabled.

I get this even when I replace my main character with tin pot.

The hotspot itself is massive so there can be no question whether or not it should be lit the entire time.

I'm using direct movement. I'm on the latest AC but I've had this issue on all older versions I've used as well. I'm on unity 2020.3.16f1, but same there, I've had the issue on all previous unity installs I've used as well.

Anything I can do to remedy this?

Thanks!

t

Comments

• Flicker as in the Highlight effect disables momentarily? Please describe the issue in detail - or better yet, share a video/gif.

I'll need to see your full Settings Manager, and a sample Hotspot/Hightlight Inspector as well.

• Yes. the highlight effect disables momentarily.

I was doing a recording for you when I realized what the problem was. Wherever I have trigger areas overlapping hotspots, I get this phenomena.

Guess what? The trigger areas are set to "Pause Gameplay" and run On enter, so even if the scripts terminate super fast, momentarily the game is paused and thus the hotspot is disabled.

It all makes sense now. :smile:

Having me printscreen all the components made me look twice at all the settings, heh. Smart.

Thanks!