Forum rules - please read before posting.

Video Player Linux build issue

Maybe this is NOT an AC issue but Engine - Play Video can't to play my opening cutscene attached to a Video Player object in the Linux build. I've tried all supported video file formats. Still the same issue. I've tried two different unity versions too. Is there any way to get around this? It's the last issue to solve before releasing the demo for Linux players.

Has anyone come across the same issue? Please, ANY suggestions would be great! I'm getting desperate :cold_sweat:

Comments

• AC doesn't do anything different per-platform when it comes to using the Video Player component, so I suspect this is a Unity issue.

If this is the case, you should find the same problem with a Video Player component that's got "Play On Awake" checked in a non-AC scene.

• Yes I've tried that and I get the same error in a non-AC scene. I'm looking for way to resolve it. No other forums have supplied an answer yet so I thought I'd look here and see if anyone had the same issue.