Forum rules - please read before posting.

upgrade to v1.74.2 main camera issue

Hi Chris,

I just upgraded from the v1.73.8 to the current v1.74.2. No issues on upgrade that I've noticed other than the following. In editor, everything looks good, though, when in play mode, the camera repositions itself below the scene terrain. I had a backup version of the project loaded separately but can't find where/why this is happening.

Sincerely,
Tom

Comments

• What is your Unity version, and did you re-assign your game's Managers after updating AC?

Are you relying on any custom/non-AC camera components or assets?

The AC MainCamera will attach itself to a GameCamera at runtime - it's position/rotation etc should match that of whatever GameCamera it active at the time.

Enable the AC Status window at the bottom of the Settings Manager and view it in the Game window at runtime. It will show the active GameCamera that the MainCamera should be attached to. Is it showing the correct camera, and what is the position of this camera?

• Unity v2020.3.20f1, I did reassign game managers after updating AC. Standard Cameras. I read where AC's 3rd person camera has been updated since the last AC release, could that be it?

• edited November 2021

Chris,

Correction to Unity version, Im' using Unity v2020.3.16f1, not 20f1, I tried upgrading to 2020.3.20f1 and encountered many build errors so restored a backup to avoid the headache for now.

It occurred to me that something about the 3rd person camera in the prior version might be an issue so I created a new AC 3rd navcam and it works. I would still be interested if you have any insight as to what the issue was. Lastly, unrelated more of a Unity question, sometimes a floppy disk icon appears next to game objects in hierarchy, do you know what that means? Saving the scene or project never makes a difference and I can't find any info on Unity.

Tom

• It occurred to me that something about the 3rd person camera in the prior version might be an issue so I created a new AC 3rd navcam and it works. I would still be interested if you have any insight as to what the issue was

The previous third-person camera was replaced by what was formerly the "Advanced third person camera" on AC's Downloads page.

I did try to keep the transition between old and new as smooth as possible, but it's possible that issues could arise given your settings - though I couldn't suggest what from the screenshot above. Replacing the old camera with a fresh instance via the Scene Manager would be the best resolution, in any case.

Lastly, unrelated more of a Unity question, sometimes a floppy disk icon appears next to game objects in hierarchy, do you know what that means?

This is an AC icon, denoting any object that has either a Constant ID or a Remember component, both of which are used by AC's save system. If you wish, you can disable their display from the Adventure Creator section of your Project settings window.

• Thank you for your help with the camera, Chris. Thank you for clearing up the floppy icon question, I like it now that I know what it is.