Forum rules - please read before posting.

Fatal error in GC when editing Action lists in 2021.1f1

Hello, I don't have time to make another test tonight but I updated my main project to 2021.1f1 today and on 2 occasions Unity crashed and displayed this error window titled "Fatal error in GC" saying "Unexpected mark stack overflow" as I was working on an action list. This never happened before, and I'm assuming this is due to Unity's new version. I don't know if I'm the only one who had this problem, if not I hope you can work on that ! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited November 2021

Certainly, if there's an issue with AC's ActionLists I'll address it. I've not heard of or encountered this issue, so I will need details on how this issue occured so that I can recreate it.

What are your AC and Unity versions? Unless I'm mistaken, there should be another version marker in between 2021 and 1f1.

Check also your Unity Editor log, to see if it reveals any more detailed information.

• Sorry I forgot, I was updating to Unity 2021.2 and using AC 1.74.2, but I updated to 1.74.3 yesterday and haven't got any issue so far. I'm not sure but I think Unity had crashed a first time when I was scrolling a large action list, and the second time when editing an Object - Call event node, if that helps. Thanks for your answer !

• If it occurs again, try opening the same ActionList to check that it occurs repeatedly and consistently. If so, let me know and we can see about sending me details/files that I'll need to look into it.