Forum rules - please read before posting.

Replay cutscene menu

Good day

I would like to create a menu to replay cutscenes as the player unlocks them. This would involve accessing any of the cutscenes from any scene in the game (when the player decides to click on the menu). I'm not sure what the best way is to achieve this - I've tried creating the cutscenes as prefabs, but this does not seem to work.

Thanks

Comments

• Are these cutscenes constructed with ActionLists?

You can use ActionList assets if you want to rely on prefabs, but that doesn't sound necessary here. It's instead a case of first switching to the scene that the cutscene takes place in, and then running the correct ActionList.

Start with just one for testing: create an ActionList asset file with a Scene: Switch Action and use it to switch to the correct scene. Then add an ActionList: Run Action that runs the intended Cutscene. Check Wait until finish? and return to the original scene.

In the asset's properties, uncheck Is skippable? and check Can survive scene changes?. That'll allow it to run all of its Actions despite the scene switch.

Worth a mention: it may be easier to have these cutscenes be more easily replayable if you construct them using Timeline. AC has a number of custom tracks, including a Speech track, that you can make use of. Playing such a sequence back is then just a matter of using the Engine: Control Timeline Action.

• Thank you, the bit I was missing was the Actionlist Assets function that creates a prefab of the cutscene.

Running the scenes add some complexity because of the way I handled parameters during loading of some scenes, and I don't have any experience with Timelines. However, I've tried creating a cutscene as an Actionlist Asset and it works well.