Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversations inside conversations

Hi, I'm trying to have a conversation as a placeholder to start conversation with a single person in a group. So there is a demonstrating group with a single large hotspot, and when player clicks Talk-option a conversation menu starts and player can select a person to talk to from the menu. All the options have when finished ** as **stop, and they start another conversation with actual timelines.

But there seem to be problems. When I end an actual conversation, player is turned off. And If I start the same conversation again and select a conversation option, the character doesn't say the first line, but it goes to "narrator". Also when exiting the upper conversation, player stays turned off.

Comments

• Also for some reason, conversation menu no longer turns off during conversation options.

• And I'm using U2020.3.24f1 and AC1.74.4

• The conversation options should have wait till finish on, but still this player turn off is a problem.

• You'll need to share details of how you're running the dialog options and what Actions / Timeline tracks are involved.

If you're overriding options from within the "Dialogue: Start conversation" Action, then this will also override each option's "After running" property.

The Status window still lists the Player in the last screenshot with him missing, so he may still be in the scene. Click his name in this window to ping his object in the Hierarchy - is he in the same place but invisible, or moved?

If you're using Timeline to affect his position, it may be that its down to the way the Timeline is set to affect objects it controls once its ended.