Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adding New Voice Lines to Assetbundle

Hi!

Asset bundle worked great for voice-over lines the first time. Now, I've added new lines, but AC can't find them in the assetbundle. I went through all the steps I did the first time, added the files to the bundle, rebuilt the bundle, but AC can't find the new lines. Do I need to make a new asset bundle altogether or something like that?

Thanks, love AC. It's fantastic. Haven't ever run into a problem until now.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @foxhounder87.

What are your AC/Unity versions, is this in the Editor or builds, and what's the exact error you're getting? Is the asset bundle failing to load, or the file not found within?

Is this occuring for all lines, or those for a particular character/scene/language?

If the file is not found, the Console should report both the bundle name and expected audio filepath. For a given file, is this in the correct place the AC is expecting it?

• Hey Chris!

Unity Version 2019.0.3, A.C. Version 1.70.4

All lines bundled the first time are working perfectly. Only the newly added lines can't be found. This is the error I'm getting for each new line.

Audio file 'Genevieve1601' not found in Asset Bundle 'hunkensteinvoices'

Everything is in the correct place. I added the lines to the assetbundle as I did before and re-built the bundle. I can see that the new files are present in the manifest readout, alongside the old ones.

• What's the display for a typical line in the Speech Manager, e.g. Genevieve1601?

The release after your current, v1.71.0, fixed some issues related to Asset Bundles. In a backup/duplicate release, import the latest AC release to see if it occurs in the current version.

• It was my error, I apologize.

I neglected to replace the old assetbundle in the Streaming Assets folder with the newly created one.

Thanks for your time and the amazing asset.