Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character continues to walk past marker

Hi,

I have an action list that causes the player to move through a couple of markers. However, she keeps walking through the second marker and never stops walking. Strangely, it only seems to be an issue when I have a particular NavMesh enabled. It's hard to explain, so I created a couple videos.

This video shows the two NavMeshes and the two markers the player is supposed to walk to. The player walks to the first marker, then to the second marker, but never stops at the second marker.
https://youtu.be/k870tru4SEI

This other video shows that if I remove the first NavMesh then the player hits the second marker and pathfinds to a third marker (off screen). This is the expected behavior.
https://youtu.be/N-rXJ_2_5TU

I don't understand why the first NavMesh should affect the ability to hit the second marker. The pathfinding seems to be working correctly otherwise. The walking is triggered by clicking a Hotspot that runs an ActionList. Images are below. "Memorial Marker" is the first marker the player walks to, "To Memorial Marker" is the second, and "To Garden Marker" is the third off-screen marker.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• edited December 2021

Welcome to the community, @JankyOldDog. What are your AC/Unity versions?

Thank you for the details - though the videos appear to be private. You'll need to mark them as unlisted or public before I can access them.

Can you also share the rest of your ActionList? The third movement Action doesn't appear to have "Wait until finish?" checked, so I'm not sure what else should be occuring during this time.

If you keep the ActionList Editor for the above Interaction open while it's running, the currently-running Action should be highlighted. Which of the three movement Actions is highlighted at the time the issue occurs?

• Sorry about that, I made the videos unlisted, so hopefully you can access them now.

I'm using AC 1.74.4 and Unity 2021.2.2.

Here is an image of the full Action List while it was running. The Action highlighted in green is the one that it gets stuck on. The player walks right through the marker and keeps going which you can (hopefully) see in the video now.

• Thanks, I can see the issue now. Though, I can't recreate it from these Actions. The issue may be specific to your setup - either with the character, or the scene.

The scene looks like it has a slight change in elevation between the two points. Try checking Ignore gravity? in the Action that has the issue.

If that makes no difference, check to see if this issue occurs with the Demo game's Player, Tin Pot, by dragging his prefab into your scene file before running the game. He'll then override your default prefab - does he have the same problem?

If not, share images of your own Player prefab. If he does, we'll need to see about sending me the scene file so that I can test things on my end.

• Good call on trying out Tin Pot, he worked just fine. The main difference was that my player character was using a NavMesh Agent and NavMesh Integration component, which Tin Pot was not using. Once I removed those from my player the problem went away and she's navigating around the scene just fine now.

Thanks for the help!