Forum rules - please read before posting.

Other Global Variables Won't Save After Linking One to Options Data.

Unity Version 2019.0.3, A.C. Version 1.70.4

Hi!

I have forty Global Variables (Floats, all linked to Playmaker Global Variables) that have saved and loaded perfectly until now with a simple autosave.

Then, I linked the QualitySetting and ScreenResolution Global Variables (Integers) to Options Data, and they persist after the game is closed and reopened, but all of the other Global Variables no longer save at all.

I can see in the Save Manager that they all have reverted back to their default values even after the variable has been changed and saved via autosave.

I've narrowed down the problem to linking either one of the Quality or Resolution Variables to Options Data. Can't figure out why this is happening.

Comments

• BTW, 'Use PM for Initial Value' is not checked for the Global Variables in question.

• Odd. Variables should not be dependent on one another without explict Actions/custom code. Does temporarily unlinking each of the two Integer variables in turn reveal which one is the cause?

At what moment do the Float variables revert to their default values - when saving?

I can't recreate the issue in v1.70.4, but it'd be worth importing the latest release into a duplicate project to see if this is still an issue in v1.74.5.

• Each Integer causes the problem individually, and together.

I don't believe it's saving the float's changes at all.

I'm downloading and testing the latest A.C. to see if the issue persists. I'll let you know, thanks!

• Can't get project to work with latest A.C. Too many additional problems to sort through, so I can't test whether the original problem was fixed. I think I'm stuck trying to figure out a workaround on my current version. Thanks anyway.

• I found a nice workaround by linking the QualitySetting and ScreenResolution Integers to Playmaker instead of Options Data through A.C., then saving and loading the integers to Playerprefs through Playmaker. Not sure what was preventing me from doing it through A.C. Could have been anything with the number of assets I have cobbled together.

Anyways, thanks for trying to help, Chris.
    A.C. is a wonderful asset!