Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC Game Editor not adding components to prefabs.

edited January 2022 in Technical Q&A

Howdy,

I'm attempting to add AC Items such as hindges to a prefab, however, despite the menu saying it will add the item to the prefab it spits it into whatever main scene i was already in. I've watched this process many times so i don't know what i could be doing wrong, is there something special i need to do to get the AC Game Editor to put things in a prefab?

I do have several assets such as Peek installed, that extend editor functionality. I don't know why that would influence anything but maybe it does? Very confusing, would love some advice. Apologies for a lack of info, there's not much to my issue beyond (it isn't doing the thing)

EDIT: okay so it works when i have an empty scene, however when when i'm in a scene with folders setup acting as the core game room (I'm following the firsp person primer video, so the morqgue), it spits it out into the main. Strange.

Comments

• I should mention that this same scene, for some reason, when playing in the editor won't lock the editor cursor to the game window. I've got all the options correct, but the system cursor just rapidly flickers on and off and doesn't lock. It locks in other scenes and when i change to the cooridor from the morgue, but this one seems borked. No idea what's up there.

• What are your AC and Unity versions?

The Scene Manager doesn't deal with individual components, but prefab instances. Which prefab are you looking to add from the list in the Scene Manager, and are you looking to add it as an immediate child to your editing prefab's root, or another child?

It's worth noting that the Scene Manager's prefab list is a convenience tool more than anything. You can manually attach prefabs from AC's Prefabs subfolder, or add the components via Unity's "Add Component" button at the bottom of an object's Inspector.

when playing in the editor won't lock the editor cursor to the game window.

Does this issue occur in builds, or when returning to this scene from another?