Forum rules - please read before posting.

Limit To Multiple Cameras?

For hotspots you're able to limit its use and visibility to when it's seen by a player on a certain camera, which is good. However, I'm wondering, is there a way to modify the game so that a hotspot can be seen from several specific cameras? How might this be accomplished?

I have a situation where I have one spot which I want only selectable from 2 locations, but not necessary open for any camera location to access. Right now, my fix is to duplicate the hotspot so that each of the two hotspots are only viewable from the specific cameras, but that feels inefficient. I'd rather if I could set the one hotspot to limit to multiple cameras and then use variables to control the interaction from a single Action list. Might it be possible to make it so an array of cameras can be determined where the hotspot is accessible?

Comments

• edited February 2022

What does it mean by: "Set the script's Script Execution Order to a negative value"?

Also, I'm not sure I understand the negate function. If the hotspot would only be active on the cameras I want, why would I need to negate it?

• What does it mean by: "Set the script's Script Execution Order to a negative value"?

See this page in Unity's Manual: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-MonoManager.html

I'm not sure I understand the negate function.

It's an optional feature, but checking it means that the Hotspot will not be interactive when any of the cameras listed in the "Limit To Cameras" array is active.

• Ah okay thanks. Just for curiosity's sake, can I ask why the mention of setting the script to a negative value in the Script Execution Order?

I tested it out previously and it seemed to have to worked just fine normally. What issues does it cause normally?

• It's to ensure that the script's SwitchCamera is called before other functions that hook into the same event. It may work without it, but it's safer to make the change.