Forum rules - please read before posting.

how can I submit input into inventory?

peppep
edited February 2022 in Technical Q&A

Hi I am trying to make an inventory system like in Sally Face and I managed to solve how to open and navigate but I can't submit the input.

And when I am detecting hotspots the text appears in the middle of the screen I want it to be above the player head.

The movement is in direct

how can I achieve that?
thanks

Comments

• If your Menu's Source field is set to Adventure Creator, then interacting with elements via keyboard/controller is handled via the InteractionA input.

If it's instead set to Unity Ui Prefab, then input is dictated by Unity's EventSystem. By default, the equivalent input is named Submit.

See the Manual's "Navigating menus directly" chapter for details.

And when I am detecting hotspots the text appears in the middle of the screen I want it to be above the player head.

If you're using AC's default interface, then Hotspot labels appear inside the Hotspot menu listed in the Menu Manager.

By default, this Menu's Position is set to Follow Cursor, but will appear in the centre of the screen if the cursor is locked. Set this instead to Above Player to have it appear above your Player character.