Forum rules - please read before posting.

Small issue in button while using Unity UI inventory type

Hello Chris,
A really small thing I'm having with the Unity UI inventory type or prefab (same problem). I have a button inside the inventory, which triggers an action list. No matter what I do, it tries to turn off the whole inventory (transition: custom animation). The thing is that I want to delay the "turning off" a bit. The Action Lists' Engine:wait don't work on this.

https://imgur.com/a/pmBOukW

There is a reason why I want to delay the turning off and it's because the inventory is on screen and don't to go right away.

I've found a workaround but I do need help with this as well: Instead of using a button in AC; maybe I could use an Event Trigger and do the whole thing using my own script, but at the same time I need to run a certain action list or turn off inventory through script and turn on another menu. Any of those 3 options may work.
What's the best way to face this? The main idea is to delay a bit the turning off when using Buttons inside the inventory to trigger an Action List.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Your Menu's Appear type is set to Mouse Over, so it's on/off state depends on the cursor being within the bounds of the Menu's RectTransform boundary field.

This appear mode, however, is also dependent on the game being in regular gameplay, and will turn off automatially if the game is in a cutscene. This'll be the case if your ActionList's When running property is set to Block Gameplay.

If this is the case, try setting it to Run In Background.

You can check if AC is curently in "cutscene" mode by enabling the AC Status box at the bottom of the Settings Manager. This'll show details about the current state of the game in the top-left corner of the Game window.

• You gave me a great idea with the "block gameplay" thing. What I did was Engine: Menu disabled, then run an animation, then enable the menu again, and finally turn off the inventory. That gave me the time I wanted before turning the inventory off. All the other things were super taken in consideration when crafting the inventory system.
    Thanks a lot!!!