Forum rules - please read before posting.

Define Pickup Throw and Rotate

Hello everybody!
First of all I love Adventure Creator and most things are pretty clear! I just have this probably easy question.
I'm doing a first person adventure. When I add the pick up script, all works fine. But when I check rotate and throw I can't define the input in Project Settings since it isn't listed in Available Inputs.

Any idea what I have to do?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @mattukat2go.

You're referring to the "Available Inputs" box in the Settings Manager? That's only there for reference, based on the options chosen in the Managers.

It doesn't limit what you can define in Unity's Project Settings, so you can still go ahead and define the RotateMoveable and ThrowMoveable inputs as normal.

• Yes, so what I did was under Input Manger (From Unity) I added another button called it ThrowMoveable and assigned the "f". Do I have to embedd this also somewhere in Adventure Creator?

• edited March 2022

No - AC will rely on Unity's Input Manager for input references, so what you've done should be enough for it to register.

If it doesn't appear to, share screenshots of the PickUp's Inspector and the ThrowMoveable input in the Input Manager.

• I can't see an issue from the screenshots - I've used them on my end and throwing works for me.

What is your AC version?

It looks like we'll have to do a bit of debug-logging to get to the bottom of things. If you find AC's Moveable_PickUp script file, search for the following line:

if (KickStarter.playerInput.InputGetButton ("ThrowMoveable"))

Immediately above it, copy/paste the following:

Debug.Log ("AC input: " + KickStarter.playerInput.InputGetButton ("ThrowMoveable") + ", Unity input: " + Input.GetButton ("ThrowMoveable"));

That should display the state of the ThrowMoveable input in the Console while the object is held. What does it show at the time you hold down / release "g"?

• Hello,

I've got the newest version installed.
    If I do your script I'll get this error code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7cevrtpztabqvo/Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-12 um 14.59.06.png?dl=0

• The error indicates that Unity cannot find the input defined in the Input Manager, so it may be a naming issue.

Are there any spaces before/after the "ThrowMoveable" text in the Input Manager's "Name" field?

• Shame on me. I copied a "Space" from your post! Thanks for helping and making this amazing asset!