Forum rules - please read before posting.

Having issues w/ Playerstart

Hello everyone,

I started following the Unity Adventure Game tutorial and so far I have to say Adventure Creator is really fun and easy to use. The only issue I've been experiencing is that when I make a Playerstart that transitions from another scene (In this instance, Market --> SecurityRoom) it's choosing some weird area rather than the actual starting position or even the default position. I made sure that the scenes names were correct and included in the build. I can't seem to figure out why it's not properly starting my character in the right spot. It does it in both instances for moving with a hotspot from Market --> Security Room, and then from moving with a trigger from Security Room --> Market.

Anyway, I hope you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thank you so much for your help!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @OlivierEpie. What are your AC and Unity versions?

If the correct scene is at least loading, then the scene names and build settings are correct.

When you transition to another scene, AC will look for the PlayerStart in the new scene that best describes the switch conditions. For Market -> SecurityRoom, for example, it'll look inside SecurityRoom for a PlayerStart that refers to Market as it's "Previous scene info".

If you've got such a PlayerStart, does anything amiss appear in the Console? It may be an issue with the Player, rather than the PlayerStart. To test this, try assigning the 3D Demo game's Player prefab, Tin Pot, into the Settings Manager's "Player prefab" field to temporarily override your own Player.

If Tin Pot seems to work OK, then let's see some screenshots of your own Player's prefab - they may reveal a clue about what's wrong.

• Thank you @ChrisIceBox you were absolutely right! I used Tin Pot and it set me to the right position. I'll go over that part of the tutorial again! I appreciate the help, and thank you for making such great tutorials.

• Tin Pot working suggests that your Player prefab has an issue - could it be that their child object has a non-zero position, so that their root position is not where they appear to be, visually speaking?

• No the positions were okay, turns out I forgot to remove the NavMesh Agent script, when I disabled it it make my character start at the correct position! :smile:

• Good to hear.

NavMeshAgent will work with AC characters, but since the two both deal with controlling the position, you'll need to also attach the "NavMesh Agent Integration" component to make it work properly.