Forum rules - please read before posting.

Music Slider UI Element

Hey All,

I am having trouble linking the Music slider element in my options menu to actually affect the music levels in my game. The menu's source is set to 'Unity UI perfab'. When I try to use my slider in Game mode the console gives me this alert: 'PlayerPrefs Key 'AC_My_game's_name_Editor_0' saved.

So I was wondering where to go from there. Do I need to create a Global Variable? If so what excatly do I do I need to do when creating that Variable.

Much thanks.

Comments

• No variable should be necessary - volume levels are saved automatically. What are your AC / Unity versions?

If the PlayerPrefs is being updated, then it sounds like the Music volume is being updated.

If you change the volume, then restart Play mode and re-open the Options menu, does the slider have the value you last set it to - or is it resetting?

It may be that the volume is being set, but it's not having an effect. Are you using AC's "Sound: Play music" Action to handle music playback, and are you opting to (optionally) use Audio Mixer Groups (as outlined in this tutorial)?