Forum rules - please read before posting.

how to catch hotspot select before initialization

I have Choose hotspot then interaction in use. Some of the hotspots have interaction options that gets turned on after some plot happenings. Testers found it quite frustrating that they need to check hotspots again and again if something changes. So, I decided to change the interaction to open a menu that shows all the options at once.
I also created a Travel hotspots that should not open a menu, but teleport player to another location and shut down previous location and turn on new location.
I would like to have some tips how to proceed.

Comments

• I decided to change the interaction to open a menu that shows all the options at once.

You can uncheck Auto-hide Interaction icons based on Hotspot? in the Settings Manager to have all of your Interaction menu's icons display, regardless of their usage in the Hotspot being clicked on.

I'm not sure what you mean, otherwise. Please elaborate with screenshots.

teleport player to another location and shut down previous location and turn on new location.

You can teleport the Player with the Object: Teleport Action. I don't know what you mean by "shutting down" a location. Are you referring to a scene?

The Scene: Add or remove Action can be used to add and remove sub-scenes, while keeping the active scene loaded.

• Here's some pics:
    https://imgur.com/a/f0wgSi3

I have the whole level in one scene. Not sure if it's a good idea. The arrows move teleports the player to another location, and there is an ActionList that turns off reflection probes, lights and so on - and another AL that turns everything on in the new location. In birds view you can see the whole level with shop, kindergarden/park, bank+downstairs and game company lobby.
    I don't know if splitting this into separate smaller scenes would give some advantages. What do you think?

Also I haven't yet started the next level - should I also design it in separate smaller pieces? It's a luxury hotel with a park with a maze and several floors.

I can't find a Auto-hide Interaction icons based on Hotspot?. I have a cycling icon style hotspot interaction now. I'm trying the AC interaction menu, but not yet sure how to design the interaction.

Big question here is am I able to stop this menu from popping up with some hotspots. For example with travels and examines - where camera is moved to closer interaction with an object and the object can be rotated.

• Splitting separate locations into individual scenes will always make things more manageable - particularly if you want to disable locations not currently being visited.

You can use the "Scene: Add or remove" Action to add and remove sub-scenes - but by far the most easy method to simply switch scenes.

I can't find a Auto-hide Interaction icons based on Hotspot?. I have a cycling icon style hotspot interaction now.

This option deals with Interaction menus, so only appears when your interface is configured to rely on one.

Big question here is am I able to stop this menu from popping up with some hotspots.

Checking Single 'Use' Interaction in a Hotspot's Inspector will cause it to behave as though your interaction method is Context Sensitive - i.e. a one-button interface - without the use of an Interaction menu.

• I tried another configuration with interaction, but now I don't seem to be able to use inventory. I added a pic of the interaction setup here: https://imgur.com/a/f0wgSi3 .
    All the items in the inventory have Examine action list that first moves all the items away from the inventory camera view and then puts the selected in front of it. Now I'm not getting a reaction.

• There is also a problem with rotatables. If I click a rotatable with a hotspot under the cursor, I get the menu. I would like to have a rotatable to wait for .2 secs to decide if player is holing in order to rotate or trying to open the menu.

• ACtually inventory works when I added examine to menu, but there is no place to set inventory item to a single interaction.

• inventory works when I added examine to menu, but there is no place to set inventory item to a single interaction.

Inventory item interaction behaviour is set globally. Setting the "Inventory interactions" field to "Single" will bring back a one-click behaviour.

If you want to alter the behaviour of clicking items in a Menu, you would need to handle this through script, by unchecking Allow interactions? in the InventoryBox element and processing the clicks manually.

There is also a problem with rotatables.

This is a separate issue and needs its own thread with full details and screenshots.

• I used a custom script with the menu, and since all inventory items have only one interaction, it's quite simple and nice. Just get the item and interact its only AL.