Forum rules - please read before posting.

Examine inventory objects unity UI

peppep
edited May 2022 in Technical Q&A

Hi I am trying to achieve an examine objects through the inventory like in Sally Face,
I am using the inventory properties as an examine (I am using strings) and just enter the examine via the item itself, I use a label in the inventory menu but I want to add backroud to the text
how can I achieve that?
Thanks a lot

Comments

• Can you provide a screenshot or mockup to illustrate what you're going for? I'm not clear on your meaning of "adding background to the text".

Items are normally examined by right-clicking them - are you saying you wish for hover text to display automatically when hovering over them?

• how can I add a screenshot?
    I am using direct movment with keybord

• Now I tried making a new menu for it but how can I make it appear when I select the item?
    and how can I show the current item graphic in this menu? thanks

• edited May 2022

Screenshots can be posted to imgur.com, and then linked here.

A Menu's Appear type property can be set to While Inventory Selected to have it display when an inventory item is selected.

To show the currently-selected item in a Menu, create an InventoryBox element and set its Inventory Box type property to Display Selected.

In AC terms, though, "selected" refers to when an item is clicked on ready to be used on a Hotspot or other item - not when you hover over an item without clicking. For that, you would need a script - but I'll need to know details about what you're going for exactly.

• peppep
    edited May 2022

thanks.
    How can I pause the gameplay when the menu is on? and how can I close it with interaction A?
    thanks again for your time Adventure Creator is the best asset that could be!

• Thanks it now works