Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot set the Player Prefab in Character settings

Followed all of the steps. Double checked with the walkthrough here: https://adventurecreator.org/tutorials/making-3d-character
I cannot drag the prefab onto the Player Prefab in the Character settings section of the Settings tab in the AC Game Editor. To check my work I created a completely empty game, added a terrain to stand on and repeated the steps with the same character model and it worked fine. I did notice that when I get to the end of the Character wizard in the project where it doesn't work the Finished button is grayed out. Any ideas how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

Comments

• Be sure to drag over the prefab as it sits in the Project window - not the instance of it that's in the scene. This prefab object will need to have a Player component on its root, but the Character Wizard should have taken care of that.

You can find the 3D Demo's Player prefab inside /Assets/AdventureCreator/Demo/Resources - check that you can drag Tin Pot into your Settings Manager to be sure this isn't part of some wider issue.

• I will check the Demo asset when I get home, although I have tried several different character assets to test if it was related to the character file itself. I was able to use the character to create a player in the second project successfully. I was dragging the prefab from the Project window, but it didn't work. Can I manually add a Player component to the prefab somehow? I suspect something near the end of the Character wizard is not working properly in this project, hence the grayed out finish button.

• So that worked. Upon further inspection there were additional Models packed into the prefab from the Asset I used. Removing those let me assign the prefab as the player in settings. Never noticed that before. Thanks for your help!