Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to make the player move forward on a path on specific input

Hi everyone! I'm new here!

So I'm making an isometric game and I want the player to move forward along a path when pressing a single button.

I'm using Player:Lock to Path, and it's working as it should. But my problem is that I want the player to move forward when press a specific button (space, for example), right now the player only moves if I press the same direction of the next node.

Image:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10agyIhEY7lqKjhu3Q0n8TIB9Stt0sClN/view?usp=sharing

Movement Method is "Direct" and Direction-movement Type is "relative to camera" (tried "Tank" but did not work either)

Maybe i'm missing something!

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @hncarlos!

To achieve, this, you'd need to temporarily disable AC's Movement system in favour of a custom script.

Try the one below by placing it in a C# script file named MovePlayerPath and attaching it to a GameObject in your scene. You'll need to define an input in its Inspector - this should be the name of an input defined in your Input Manager, rather than the name of the input key needed to press:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class MovePlayerPath : MonoBehaviour
    {

public string inputButton = "MovePlayer";

void Update ()
        {
            if (KickStarter.player.IsLockedToPath ())
            {
                KickStarter.stateHandler.SetMovementSystem (false);

bool inputHeld = Input.GetButton (inputButton);
                if (inputHeld)
                {
                    KickStarter.player.isRunning = KickStarter.playerInput.IsPlayerControlledRunning ();
                    KickStarter.player.charState = CharState.Move;
                }
                else if (KickStarter.player.charState == CharState.Move)
                {
                    KickStarter.player.StartDecelerating ();
                }
            }
            else
            {
                KickStarter.stateHandler.SetMovementSystem (true);
            }
        }

}

• edited July 2022

Thanks! It worked! :)

I have to say, AC is amazing! It changed completely the way I create games! Thanks for that too!