Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with Nineverbs Inventory

Sorry for bothering you again, but i tried to solve it by myself but without any result.
I've selected Multiple in inventory settings but when i try to Look at or Open an object in the inventory slot, it will always trigger the UnhandledUse Actionlist. I had it almost working, here are my steps:

1) Choosing "Ac Creator" instead of "Unity UI Prefab" in Verb menu settings make it work perfectly, but graphic is not ok (missing arrows, borders etc). Would be also nice to know wich one chould be selected and why
2) In ui prefab, the only way i found to make it work is Deselecting "reset cursor after interaction", but then the Character will never walk again....
3) If i choose "Select item if interaction is unhandled :Use" the will look at and try to use immediately after the item (but will not work OPEN interaction)
4) in all other cases, if i choose an interaction, when i click on item will be converted immediately to USE interaction :(

Comments

• The template's provided Settings Manager comes with "Inventory interactions" set to "Multiple" - are you using this, or your own Manager?

Try assigning it if not, update the Player prefab field, and then see if it works. There are a lot of Inventory settings involved, and the Manager is set up to allow for inventory interactions. Stick to Unity UI for your menu, though.

in all other cases, if i choose an interaction, when i click on item will be converted immediately to USE interaction

The correct interaction should be run, but there does look to be an issue with the "Verb line" label incorrectly showing "Use (item name)" while doing so - I'll look into this.

• First thanks for replying my on sunday!

I'm using Nine verbs for settings

i have also the Additional scripts in my scene

• Use item ON hotspot won't work in both configuration AC and Unity UI
    Every time i try to USE item, will immediately say "cannot use it" :neutral:

• edited July 2022

Just tried to switch from Multiple to Single, and interaction worked, so i cannot use Look at and others...

• Your Settings Manager differs from what it should be - have you made changes to the template's provided Settings Manager?

It should look like this:

• Well... i did so many attempts.... :/

Consider that when i updated AC, it changed all the asstes to default and i was really in panic
    i try to set up like in your picture!

• Still weird behaviour. Now:
    1) if i click on item without selecting verb, will do correctly Use item ON and works
    2) If i select verb USE and then click on item, will only do "USE item without ON... " and cannot select hotspot then.
    3) Look at now works, but will then enlight USE COIN during speech (not really an issue, but...)

here pictures relative to point 2 and 3 (with a bad word censored ehehe)

• edited July 2022

Sorry but i have a point 4... :'(

Now cannot have more then one item in the same time in inventory...
    max number of slots is configured with ten (in AC creator ui works normal)

Did not expect could be so complicated to use 9verbs plugin...

(update... using in "inventory box type" custom script, USE action works normally!)

• Consider that when i updated AC, it changed all the asstes to default and i was really in panic

See the Manual's "Updating Adventure Creator" chapter. If your Managers revert back to that of the demo game after updating, re-assign your own Manager asset files.

(update... using in "inventory box type" custom script, USE action works normally!)

This should be the case by default - as with the Settings Manager values, it sounds like you've been changing things from their provided values.

I would suggest you re-import the package to revert the NineVerbs Managers back to their intended states.

Look at now works, but will then enlight USE COIN during speech (not really an issue, but...)

You mentioned this earlier. I have updated the package to fix this.

• Thanks! Only thing that is still not working is the Inventory slots...
    No more then one item at same time is shown...

• Ok importing again fixed it!
    Sorry but i'm really a newbye in Unity and AC
    I'm coming from Construct 2, moving my project from there
    Thanks so much for your support!