Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't seem to pause and resume actionlist

Hey, so I am having issues resuming an action list. In order to make life easier, I recorded a video showing the issue. Thought that'd be easier than posting a bunch of images.

Comments

• edited July 2022

Pausing a scene-based ActionList alone shouldn't cause it to be removed.

Your video shows a warning message at the time the "Hunger_Decrease" object is removed - can you share the message in full as it appears in the Console?

On the wider technique, you don't need to necessarily pause/resume your ActionList that depletes the value, but instead just introduce some conditions inside that ActionList to prevent it from depleting at all times.

For example, you can use the Variable: Check Action to first check if it's above zero before running the Variable: Set Action to reduce it.

You could also create e.g. a separate Bool variable named "Deplete hunger" that is used by another Variable: Check Action (after the first) to cause it to only lower hunger if set to True. That way, you can set this bool to False in another ActionList when you want to stop the hunger from lowering.

Having variables update over time, however, is generally best handled through script rather than ActionList, since it's there much easier to control exactly what values they take and when. The Manual's "Variable scripting" chapter covers how variables can be manipulated through script.

• Oh, I am stupid and had action in another actionlist that deleted the trigger. Woops.

Your suggestion worked. Thanks!