Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot not reacting on first click Android

budbud
edited August 2022 in Technical Q&A

When clicking a hotspot, the hotspot will not react on first click, but reacts on second click.
To make this a bit more confusing, it is not always like this.
Take a look at the video below, when clicking on a box, it should switch camera:
https://youtube.com/shorts/jrRgfaArcxc?feature=share

The demo which can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PeIY1n_IOP11TCRc0WvRXObhp6cV4VP9/view?usp=sharing

The demo contains the following:
- Demo APK for Android
- Unitypackage with the demo source
- Video to show the issue
- Screenshots of the AC settings

To reproduce:
Just drag around the screen, and then click on one of the hotspots (Red, Green, Yellow box).
Basically just do as I did in the video.
NOTE: This only happens on device (Android phone in this case), not in Editor !

I have tested on 2 Android devices, a Samsung phone & a Huawei phone, same results.
I use Unity 2020LTS (2020.3.36f), but do not think it matters.

Comments

• Thanks for the package, I'll take a look.

What is your AC version, and does this also occur when using a fixed camera?

• I was using 1.75.4 when I tested this, but in the meantime I upgraded to latest 1.75.6, same issue.
    Do not know about fixed, but I suspect there is a bug when you drag in a certain quick way, and that the KickStarter.playerInput.GetDragState() is not set back to DragState.None, because when I remove the part of the check that checks the DragState KickStarter.playerInput.GetDragState() == DragState.None, it works.

Btw I implemented my own special solution so my problems are over, but should check this issue anyway to fix what I am sure is a bug.

• The scene in the package doesn't match the video/build, and you're using custom scripts to interact with Hotspots.

From what I can tell though, this is down to the sensitivity of touch-screen input, causing the game to go into "drag mode" much more easily than when using a mouse.

As a workaround, I'll look into providing a "drag mode threshold" option, that can be increased to prevent dragging beginning so easily.